Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Another Day, Another Bitchin Salad.

With all this talk about bagged lettuce and E.Coli contamination, I am all the more grateful that my home-grown greens are bountiful.  And to think people are paying $4/bag of greens only to get food poisoning.  That's a damn shame.  


I got home from work today, picked some greens, washed them, and threw together a tangy Miso-Mirin Dressing. 



Miso-Mirin Dressing

1/4 c. mirin (sweetened sake, 8% alcohol - didn't I say I specialize in cooking w/booze?)
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. brown rice vinegar
1/4 c. sweet white miso
1/2 c. water


Oh, and I'd sprinkle some Gomasio (sea salt + sesame seeds) on top - yum. Pair it with a nice Chenin Blanc and you're good to go. 


It's a simple recipe, which is great, because it'll be one I can easily file away in my memory and throw together whenever. Plus it makes 1.5 cups, so I can refrigerate the remaining dressing and use for the next week!

2 comments: