Thursday, April 15, 2010

Garden Wisdom

"Weather means more when you have a garden.  There's nothing like listening to a shower and thinking how it is soaking in around your green beans."  -- Marcelene Cox

Now, I don't know who Marcelene Cox is.  Google will tell me in a minute.  But I DO know that she and I are on the same page:

"A bonus of gardening: rainy days no longer get you down.  You'll be all like like, 'Yeah, thats right, Rain! You water my plants and make em grow real big! Thats what I'm talkin about!' Or maybe thats just me." -- Me said here

But its not just me.  Its me and Marcelene.  


* UPDATE: I like Marcelene - she's a sassy lady!


** UPDATE to the UPDATE: I'm hesitant to say it, but it appears as if the Internets have let me down (!!).  All I can find on Marcelene Cox is quotes, quotes and more quotes.  Digging further, it looks like she wrote for Ladies Home Journal (awesome) in the 1940's and 50's, and that she was born in 1900.  Not one write up on her life or death. Just quotes.  I guess the details of her life are lost in the pre-Google abyss.  Disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment