Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Salad Greens Bring all the Boys to the Yard

I was a little late to work today (if 8:30AM is late).  Instead of my usual, drag-my-butt-outta-bed, shower, hurriedly throw on some work clothes, pour my coffee-to-go, and run out the door, I took an extra 10 minutes to do something special.  I walked outside, picked myself a bowl of home-grown salad greens, washed them, and whisked together a French vinaigrette. 

 
 

Et voila!  A lunch I could be truly proud of.   I walked a little taller to the metro, quite proud of myself really.  And hot damn that salad was delicious!


Basic French Vinaigrette
4 T light olive oil & 2 T canola oil
1T balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp whole grain mustard
1 small clove garlic, minced
salt/pepper to taste


Directions: Whisk it. Whisk it good.  Whi-whisk it REAL good!  (Yeah, I did just do that. S-Salt n Pepa's here!)


This will make enough for approximately 8 cups of greens, and will keep for up to a week - covered and refrigerated, of course. 

1 comment: