Friday, June 12, 2009

Raise the Roof Friday

Though I've got my fair share of things to be stressed about right about now, I'm going to focus on a few things that are definitely worth raising the roof for:

1. Our offer on the house was ACCEPTED!? Wow. Still trying to wrap my head around that one, but how amazing is that? We are out of our minds with excitement, anticipation, stress and paperwork, and we're just hoping that all goes smoothly. Sparkly, kickass DC rowhouse! (Raising the roof)

2. Its Friday and this weekend is going to be quite remarkable: future sister-in-law in town, SOFT ROCK party at Asylum (yes, there will be REO Speedwagon, Journey, Hall & Oates, Amy Grant, and much much more), my star-of-a-sister Alison's 24th birthday (!!! holy crap I can't believe she's turning 24!), and hopefully a break from the daily thunderstorm madness that has been terrorizing DC!!



3. We got a very special, belated engagement gift in the mail yesterday. It's a book from some awesome family friends of ours back in Illinois, and the book is entitled, "His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair-Proof Marriage"! Now that's something I can get behind, and I am quite sure there are some gems to be found in that book that I can pass along to friends - "Congrats on getting married; now its time to affair-proof that shit!".

No comments:

Post a Comment